Patient Rights and Responsibilities
We work as a dedicated team of health professionals, striving together to optimize the wellness of the children in our practice. We seek to utilize the best evidence-based medicine, education and resources available. We work to equip families to take responsibility for their child’s health and give them the knowledge and tools needed for success.
As a primary care provider, we propose to:
- Learn about each child and family and to understand their individual health goals and preferences. Our team will review a child’s health history at each encounter and propose individualized treatment recommendations.
- Provide excellent clinical care, both to encourage ongoing health as well as care for any acute illness or long-term chronic disease that should arise.
- Keep children up-to-date on all vaccines and preventive screening tests.
- Help families develop appropriate partners in care (specialists, therapists, etc.) and coordinate care with them as a child’s health needs change.
- Be regularly available to families to address their medical needs. Our regular office hours are: Monday through Thursday 8 am – 7 pm and Friday 8 am – 5 pm and Saturday 8:30 am – 11 pm for office contact. We also offer evening appointments available Monday through Thursday. Should you require medical care outside of these hours, urgent needs can be directed to the on-call physician.
- Notify patients of test results in a timely manner.
- Respond promptly to patient concerns or questions and utilize clear communication so that all conditions and treatment options are well-understood.
- Provide information about classes, community resources, or other services that can help support and equip our families for any individual needs.
- Maintain a high level of integrity and transparency in our medical billing practices. We do all of our own billing in house and have billing professionals available to help our families navigate any questions or concerns that arise related to their financial responsibilities.
In addition to the commitments stated above, we also believe that the best medical care requires that patients play an active role in the process. It is our expectation that our patients and families:
- See themselves as full-fledged partners in their care.
- Come to each visit ready to take an active role, asking pertinent questions and providing updates on medications or therapies that are being utilized.
- Work together with us to develop and follow a plan of care and notify us of any obstacles that may limit their ability to fulfill this plan.
- Take medications and utilize supportive care as prescribed.
- Provide us with a complete personal and family medical history. We also ask that we be informed of any care obtained outside of the practice. If a patient is transitioning care to us from another practice, we ask for a complete record of past medical care. Should there be any questions about this process, please contact Beth Lydard, our office manager, at (410) 848-4424.
- Keep appointments as scheduled or call to reschedule as early as possible. Scheduled visits that are not kept will be assessed and tracked according to our policy on missed appointments.
- Contact us after hours if an urgent medical issue arises that cannot wait until the next work day.
- When possible, contact us before going to the emergency room so that we can ensure appropriate coordination of care, or if possible, arrange for in-office care and avoid unnecessary ER visits.
- Agree that all health care providers on our team will receive all information related to a child’s health.
- Learn about their health insurance coverage either from the insurer, or, if additional questions about billing arise, contact our billing manager Wanda Adams or Diane Eaves at (410) 848-4424 and press the option for Billing.
- Give us feedback to help us improve the care we provide! We feel strongly that by setting out our commitments and expectations to you we can provide the absolute best medical care available!
Our office is open:
- Monday-Thursday 8am-8pm
- Friday 8am-5pm
- Saturday 9am-12 noon for urgent care only
- Assurant Health
- Maryland Medical Assistance
- MD Physicians Care
- Priority Partners
- United Health Care
- And more....